CAPITAL in brief
What is the CAPITAL project?
CAPITAL – Collaborative cApacity Programme on ITS Training-educAtion and Liaison is a coordination and support action co-funded by the EU under the Horizon2020 (H2020) Research and Innovation Framework Programme Grant Agreement No 724106. It aims to design and deliver a collaborative capacity-building programme.
The main goal of the CAPITAL project is to create a collaborative capacity building community and deployment programme to support public and private stakeholders implementing cooperative and intelligent transport systems (ITS & C-ITS) with training and educational resources, while also raising awareness of the services and benefits available.
The CAPITAL project will assist public and private stakeholders in developing their knowledge, skills, and abilities to build technical, business and policy making proficiency of ITS deployment while furthering their career paths.
CAPITAL is financed by the European Commission's Directorate-General for Transport and Mobility (DG MOVE) and coordinated by ERTICO – ITS Europe.
The objectives of the CAPITAL project are:
- Create a platform of practitioners in the public and private sector in the field of (Cooperative) ITS deployment by establishing synergies with existing regional, European and international activities.
- Identify and assess the capacity needs and knowledge gaps and constraints of the practitioners in the field of (Cooperative) ITS.
- Develop an ITS deployment transferability handbook of case studies (including their respective business models) and support the decision making process for deploying C-ITS.
- Design, Implement and assess the collaborative capacity-building programme in 7 European cities.
- Develop a user awareness strategy and promote dissemination and awareness of the collaborative capacity-building programme to other ITS stakeholders.
Capital Facts & Figures
Project acronym: CAPITAL
Project name: Collaborative cApacity Programme on ITS Training-educAtion and Liaison
Project type: Coordination and support Action
Topic: Roadmap, new business models, awareness raising, support and incentives for the roll-out of ITS
Programme: Horizon 2020
Project Coordinator: Monica Giannini, ERTICO – ITS Europe
Consortium: 11 direct partners
Start date: 1 October 2016
End date: 30 September 2019
Budget: € 1,814,312.50
Funding: € 1,814,312.50